Commerce Twp., Mich., November 10, 2021 – The Michigan Boating Industries Association has developed a list to help shoppers bring joy to the boaters in their lives this holiday season. With so many people finding boating and outdoor recreation as a safe and fun activity, a boating or nautical gift is sure to please the people on your list!
“Boaters always love to receive nautical gifts, especially in the offseason.” said MBIA Executive Director Nicki Polan. “Boating is big business in Michigan with more than four million boaters. Boating supplies, gift cards, magazines, and even nautical accessories make great gifts!”
It can seem daunting to choose a gift for the holidays, but MBIA has suggestions to make your search a little bit easier this year with gear seen at
the MBIA Boat Shows:
- Phloats – Connect this floating device to your phone and if it drops in the water it will remain easy to retrieve only inches from the top of the water. Newer phones now withstand shallow water exposure and should be good as new after retrieving! At just $10 it’s a great stocking stuffer or gift for all the boaters in your life!
- Pop Board Co. Inflatable Paddle Boards – Whether it’s the only way to access the water, or another toy to add to your fleet, these trendy and stylish inflatable paddle boards make a great gift for all ages. Inflatable docks are also available. Visit popboardco.com for more information.
- Dealer or Ship Store Gift Card – There’s always something a boat owner needs come spring… whether it be ropes, life jackets, cleaning supplies, electronics – a gift card to a local dealer or ship store makes a great gift so the recipient can choose exactly what they need or want! Visit boatmichigan.org to search by location, product or service needed to find the closest reputable marine business in your area.
- Towable, skis, wakeboard, surfboard – Nothing will make eyes light up like a new towable for the water sports enthusiast on your shopping list. It will be hard to wait until spring, but it will be worth it when it’s time to hit the water next year.
- Magazine Subscription – Great Lakes Scuttlebutt is the Official Magazine of the MBIA Boat Shows and is a great publication for Great Lakes boaters. There are many other publications to choose from in regards to boating location and types of boats that could also be a good tailored gift.
- Recommendations from the MI DNR – Outdoor enthusiasts will also enjoy recommendations from the Michigan DNR including outdoor gear, bug spray, coffee, and other Michigan-made goods. Click here to Check out their list.
Many more ideas for gifts can be found at your local dealer or marina ship
store. Stop in, see what’s new, and pick up a holiday gift sure to please your boating friends and family. For a list of MBIA members in your area visit boatmichigan.org or mbia.org and click on Product & Service Directory.
MBIA is a state-wide trade association representing more than 350 marine businesses in Michigan. MBIA membership is comprised of businesses which manufacture, distribute, service and sell recreational marine products. For more information go to www.mbia.org. MBIA also produces the Progressive Detroit Boat Show at the TCF Center in Detroit, the Progressive Novi Boat Show at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, and the Progressive Metro Boat Show in Harrison Twp., Mich.