Below is a list of all upcoming events. To view the full details of the listed event, click on the event name listed. Check back often to view new upcoming events.
|2014 Summer Events|
|Start Date: 5/1/2014|
|End Date: 9/15/2014|
Michigan's communities are the perfect hosts for summertime boating-centered activities. From Grand Haven and its annual Coast Guard Festival extravaganza, to the Nautical Mile Splash Bash in St. Clair Shores, boaters looking for a good time have many ports of call during the 2014 season.
Among the best boating-centered events:
- Traverse City Boat Show, April 4-6, Howe Arena, Traverse City, www.traversecityboatshow.com; Blue Water Promotions presents this one-of-a-kind retail event.
- ‘Up North’ Lake &Cottage Show, April 11-13, 2014 at Howe Arena, Traverse City, Blue Water Promotions, www.tccottageshow.com or (231) 775-9900
- Nautical Mile “Open House & Fun Day” May 10, 2014, for more details go to: www.nauticalmile.org
- Great Lakes Boating Festival , May 16-18, 2014, Grosse Pointe Yacht Club, for more details click here to view flyer
- National Safe Boating Week, May 17-23
- Boat Town Nautical Coast Cleanup, May 17th & 18th, 8am-4pm, Riviera St. Bay. For more information click here to view flyer.
- 19th Annual Nautical Coast Cleanup, May 18, 2014, 8:30am-2:00pm, Jefferson Beach Yacht Club, St. Clair Shores, MI, http://www.nauticalmile.org/events/
- Mt Clemens Art Fair, May 31- June 1, Downtown Mount Clemens MI
- National Fishing & Boating Week, June 1-8
- 3rd Annual Sprint and Splash at Lake St. Clair, June 7th, Lake St. Clair Metropark, Harrison Twp.MI. Click here to view the flyer or For more information visit http://www.sprintandsplash.com
- Bay Harbor In-Water Boat Show, June 13-15, Bay Harbor Lake Marina, for more information visit www.bayharbor.com
- Celebrate the Lake , Saturday, June 14, 2014, MacRay Harbor, Harrison Twp., MI, click here to view the flyer
- Walled Lake Thunder, Walled Lake, June 14th & 15th, 2014,. Two days of complete inboard hydroplane racing.
- Summer Sailstice, June 21st, for more information and a list of events, visit www.summersailstice.com
- Detroit River Days, June 20-22,2014, Takes place along the Detroit Riverfront, for more information on the festival visit www.riverdays.com,
- The Ford Fireworks, June 23 2014, The 56th annual fireworks display along the Detroit International Waterfront downtown Detroit.
- New Baltimore. Fishfly Fest, Begins June 18-22, Downtown New Baltimore. http://bay-rama.com/
- Algonac Antique & Classic Boat Show, June 20-22, Algonac, Michigan. For more information go to: www.michacbs.com or Contact Greg Lewandowski 248-391-1826 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ludington Harbor Festival, June 27-July 6, 2014, for more information visit http://www.visitludington.com/stories/ludington_harbor_festival
- Lakeshore Boating and Water Safety Day, June 28, 2014 - Yacht Basin Marina
“We encourage families to come out to this free event for life jacket fittings, safety drills in the fire department’s “Smokehouse”, and boat tours, while learning about how they can help prevent water safety accidents,” said Tom Den Herder from the Yacht Basin Marina.
- Thunder Bay Maritime Festival. July 4, 2014. call (989) 356-8805 ext 13.
- Detroit APBA Gold Cup, Detroit River, July 11-13, 2014, www.gold-cup.com; the Gold Cup is among the most prestigious of motor sport races covering a large area of the river.
- Ludington Freedom Festival, July 3-4, www.visitludington.com/stories/ludingtons_freedom_festival
- Ludington Offshore Classic Fishing Tournament, Ludington, July 17-20, www.visitludington.com (800) 783-4456; one of the biggest tournaments of the summer.
- Nautical Mile Venetian Festival is July 18-20, 2014. For more information go to: http://www.nauticalmile.org/events/nautical-mile-venetian-festival/.
- Chicago Yacht Club Race to Mackinac July 19, www.cycracetomackinac.com
- Quake on the Lake- July 18-20, 2014. http://www.quakeonthelake.org/
- Bayview Mackinac Race Saturday, July 12, www.bycmack.com/
- Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival, Grand Haven, July 25- Aug.3, www.coastguardfest.org; 89th annual festival honoring the men and women of the United States Coast Guard.
- St. Clair Riverfest, St. Clair, July 25-27, http://www.stclairriverfest.com, (586) 493-4344.
- St. Clair River Classic Offshore Powerboat Race, July 25-27; (see contact above); classic offshore powerboat race sponsored by Blue Water Offshore Racing Association, this race is part of the Great Lakes Silver Cup Series and is held on the St. Clair River.
- Hillsdale College Cruise, St. Hillsdale, July 29-August 8th, 2014, 877-242-6397, for more information visit http://www.hillsdale.edu/outreach/cruises
- Aquapalooza, July 26-27, MacRay Harbor and Belle Maer Harbor, Harrison Twp.
- Classic Boats on the Boardwalk, Traverse City, Aug. 2, www.wwcacbs.com, 27th annual antique and classic boat show for wooden boats.
- Jazz on the River, Trenton, date August 2-3 www.jazzontheriver.org; 19th annual weekend of music, entertainment and fun located on the island of Elizabeth Park.
- Harrison Township Parade of Lights, August 2. Parade begins at Markley Marine to the mouth of the Clinton River back to Markley Marine. Award ceremony and after party immediately following at Crews Inn. To Register: Contact Julie at (586) 469-6000. You must pre-register to participate.
- Ship 'N Shore Festival, New Buffalo, Aug. 8-10, 888-660-6222
- 37th Annual Les Cheneaux Islands Antique Boat Show, Hessel, Michigan, August 9, 2014 for more information please visit http://www.lchistorical.org/boatfest.html
- International Off Shore Race (Blue Water Off shore Racing), Port Huron, MI. August 8-10, 2014
- Horns Bar Labor Day Regatta, Mackinac Island, Saturday Aug. 30, 2014 www.miyachtclub.com, (906) 847-3363; free sailboat race open to all sailors with awards.
- Port Huron- Antique Boat Show, September 5 & 6, 2014, River Street Marina, Port Huron to register of for more information visit www.michacbs.com
- 5th Annual Boating & Outdoor Festival, September 11-14, 2014, Lake St. Clair Metro Park, Harrison Twp., MI. For more information go to www.boatingandoutdoorfest.com.
- Harrison Township Great Lakes Recycling Event, Sept. 13, Tucker Senior Center, Harrison Township, MI. Click here for the flyer.
|In-Water Boat Demos - Discover Boating!|
|Start Date: 5/10/2014|
|End Date: 6/29/2014|
|Get out on a boat and go for a ride. Discover what millions already have, experience the boating lifestyle! There are boats available to fit any budget, it's an affrodable way to spend quality time with your family and is entertaining for all ages!|
Spicer's Boat City
BRP factory demo event for personal watercraft on June 27 through June 29
Call (989) 366-8400 for more details
Action Water Sports at Pine Lake
NXT Demo day at Pine Lake Marina
Call (248) 682-2180 for more details.
Skiers Pier at the White Lake Inn
Malibu Surf Tour