Below is a list of all upcoming events. To view the full details of the listed event, click on the event name listed. Check back often to view new upcoming events.
|2015 Summer Events |
|Start Date: 5/1/2015|
|End Date: 9/30/2015|
Michigan's communities are the perfect hosts for summertime boating-centered activities. From Grand Haven and its annual Coast Guard Festival extravaganza, to the Nautical Mile Splash Bash in St. Clair Shores, boaters looking for a good time have many ports of call during the 2015 season.
Among the best boating-centered events:
- Traverse City Boat Show, April 10-12, Howe Arena, Traverse City, www.traversecityboatshow.com; Blue Water Promotions presents this one-of-a-kind retail event.
- ‘Up North’ Lake &Cottage Show, April 17-19, 2015 at Howe Arena, Traverse City, Blue Water Promotions, www.tccottageshow.com or (231) 775-9900
- Nautical Mile “Open House & Fun Day” May 9, 2015, for more details go to: www.nauticalmile.org
- Great Lakes Boating Festival , May 15-17, 2015, Grosse Pointe Yacht Club, for more details click here to view flyer
- National Safe Boating Week, May 16-22
- Boat Town Nautical Coast Cleanup, May 16th & 17th. For more information call 586-468-4848.
- Nautical Coast Cleanup, May 17, 2015, Jefferson Yacht Club, St. Clair Shores, MI, http://www.nauticalmile.org/events/
- Mt Clemens Art Fair, June 6-7, Downtown Mount Clemens MI
- National Fishing & Boating Week, June 6-14
- 4th Annual Sprint and Splash at Lake St. Clair, June 6th, Lake St. Clair Metropark, Harrison Twp.MI. For more information visit www.sprintandsplash.com
- Bay Harbor In-Water Boat Show, June 19-21, Bay Harbor Lake Marina, for more information visit www.bayharbor.com
- Celebrate the Lake , Saturday, June 13, 2015, MacRay Harbor, Harrison Twp., MI, click here to view the flyer
- Walled Lake Thunder, Walled Lake, June 13th & 14th, 2015,. Two days of complete inboard hydroplane racing.
- Summer Sailstice, June 20th, for more information and a list of events, visit www.summersailstice.com
- Detroit River Days, June 19-21,2015, Takes place along the Detroit Riverfront, for more information on the festival visit www.riverdays.com,
- The Ford Fireworks, June 22 2015, The 57th annual fireworks display along the Detroit International Waterfront downtown Detroit.
- New Baltimore. Fishfly Fest, Begins June 24-28, Downtown New Baltimore. http://bay-rama.com/
- Algonac Antique & Classic Boat Show, June 26-28, Algonac, Michigan. For more information go to: www.michacbs.com or Contact Alan Brenner
- Ludington Harbor Festival, late June-early July, for more information visit http://www.visitludington.com/stories/ludington_harbor_festival
- Thunder Bay Maritime Festival. July 4, 2015. call (989) 356-8805 ext 13.
- Ludington Freedom Festival, July 3-4, www.visitludington.com/stories/ludingtons_freedom_festival
- Ludington Offshore Classic Fishing Tournament, Ludington, July 16-19, www.ludingtontournament.com (231)845-0324; one of the biggest tournaments of the summer..
- Chicago Yacht Club Race to Mackinac July 11, www.cycracetomackinac.com
- Quake on the Lake- July 18-19, 2015. http://www.quakeonthelake.org/
- Bayview Mackinac Race Saturday, July 18, www.bycmack.com/
- Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival, Grand Haven, July 24- Aug.2, www.coastguardfest.org; 90th annual festival honoring the men and women of the United States Coast Guard.
- St. Clair Riverfest, St. Clair, July 24-26, http://www.stclairriverfest.com, (586) 493-4344.
- St. Clair River Classic Offshore Powerboat Race, July 24-26; (see contact above); classic offshore powerboat race sponsored by Blue Water Offshore Racing Association, this race is part of the Great Lakes Silver Cup Series and is held on the St. Clair River.
- Hillsdale College Cruise, St. Hillsdale, July 12-25, 2015, 877-242-6397, for more information visit http://www.hillsdale.edu/outreach/cruises
- Aquapalooza, July 25-26, MacRay Harbor and Belle Maer Harbor, Harrison Twp.
- Classic Boats on the Boardwalk, Traverse City, Aug. 1, www.wwcacbs.com, 28th annual antique and classic boat show for wooden boats.
- Harrison Township Parade of Lights, August 1. Parade begins at Markley Marine to the mouth of the Clinton River back to Markley Marine. Award ceremony and after party immediately following at Crews Inn. To Register: Contact Julie at (586) 469-6000. You must pre-register to participate.
- 38th Annual Les Cheneaux Islands Antique Boat Show, Hessel, Michigan, August 8, 2015 for more information please visit http://www.lchistorical.org/boatfest.html
- International Off Shore Race (Blue Water Off shore Racing), Port Huron, MI. August 7-9, 2015
- Horns Bar Labor Day Regatta, Mackinac Island, Sunday Sept. 6, 2015 www.miyachtclub.com, (906) 847-3363; free sailboat race open to all sailors with awards.
- Port Huron- Antique Boat Show, September 11 & 12, 2015, River Street Marina, Port Huron to register of for more information visit www.michacbs.com
- 6th Annual Boating & Outdoor Festival, September 17-20, 2015, Lake St. Clair Metro Park, Harrison Twp., MI. For more information go to www.boatingandoutdoorfest.com.